Saturday, August 21, 2010

My vintage coffee mug collection featured!

While it is known that I love arts, crafts, D-I-Y culture, vintage goods, fashion, and the like, it is a lesser known fact that I love collections. As a collector of collections, a connoisseur of accumulation, and a diva of the treasure trove, I have amassed large groupings of ordinary, yet historic, objects that when shown in an arrangement with their counterparts, capture the heart and dazzle the eye.
Brass butterflies flutter around my house, vintage fabric towers and tumbles in my studio, and mid-century coffee mugs stack up on display shelves in my living room. These coffee mugs are now the objects that give endorsement to my addiction.
Phoenix New Times has started a new blog called Jackalope Ranch. This lovely blog is dedicated to the arts, culture, and collections that abound in the valley of the sun. My collection of Japanese porcelain stacking coffee mugs is the first featured collection to debut in their on-line column. Click Here to enjoy the nostalgia!

No comments: